Almost every Sunday since mid-May 2020 with a few exceptions, I have been taking my own personal Sabbath, where I tune out of the news and social media and turn off my ringer and all notifications on my phone. Throughout the day and/or sometimes the next day, I share what I am reading, listening to, or watching during my Sabbath. Sometimes I extend my Sabbath by a day or two, like this weekend since I am off Monday as well, so right now I’m doing the…
At the beginning of the month, I talked about how we were going to our beach house…well, sort of, anyway. Why was the band Beach House was expected to release its latest album Once Twice Melody that Friday. However, I had the release date wrong. It’s today…
…and it fits with another three-day weekend, at least for me. Besides listening to the new album, here’s what else I have planned:
Friday night (with Kim):
- Burger night.
- Watch The Afterparty.
- Watch I Love You, Man, which was produced by Ivan Reitman who died Saturday. We watched Ghostbusters, which he directed, earlier this week.
- Read Begin Again: James Baldwin’s America and Its Urgent Lessons for Our Own by Eddie S. Glaude Jr.
- Watch I Am Not Your Negro with Kim, who has been wanting me to watch this for awhile.
- Read Atlas of the Heart: Mapping Meaningful Connection and the Language of Human Experience by Brené Brown.
- Watch Animal House and Old School, both produced by Reitman, with Kim.
- Continue to read Fortune Favors the Dead by Stephen Spotswood, which I started Wednesday night and am enjoying thus far.
- Bingewatch as much of The Good Place, that I borrowed from the library, as I can.
What are you up to this weekend? Whatchya got planned on the book, TV, and/or music front?
I’ll leave you with the aforementioned Beach House: