I’m forgoing my “normal” Pushing Forward Back post this month, where I look back on the past month, 30 days, and ahead to the next month. Instead, I thought I’d look back on my/our last 46 days under quarantine through photos.
The above photos were from the last couple of weeks of March. Roughly from top to bottom, they are:
- The start of my staying at home from work when I learned that the library where I work would be closed until March 30, at that point. It now is “until further notice.”
- A stack of books I thought I might have time or focus to read, but haven’t…yet and now I’m making my way slowly through the Sherlock Holmes short stories. I’m remembering that I read the novels previously, so I’m skipping them.
- Schitt’s Creek is one of the TV shows my wife and I have been watching during the last 40-plus days. We haven’t seen the final season yet, but will see it when it comes to Netflix in mid-May.
- I’ve been walking almost every day since the library has been closed. Not even rain has stopped me.
- My sister was talking to our mother via Facebook Messenger and put some “makeup” on her.
- I’ve participated in a few readathons over the last 46 days. The Social Distancing 24in48 Readathon was one of the first.
The above photos were from the first couple of weeks of April. Again, roughly, from top to bottom, they are:
- A sign I saw on one of my walks before Easter.
- A bottle of wine from our first order of wine from Three Brothers Wineries & Estates on Seneca Lake in upstate New York.
- A box of fruit and vegetables from Misfits Market in New Jersey.
- My Eucharist meal on Easter.
- My wife Kim celebrating her 50th birthday with a pineapple upside down cake. I celebrated my 50th last year and we went to Seneca Lake. We had planned to go again for hers, but since that didn’t happen, hence the wine.
- My dad and mom play the board game Aggravation with my sister and her family (they were in between houses at the time, one they were selling, another they were buying, and had to stay with my parents). Thanks to my sister Lisa for the photos of my mom in the collage above and my dad and mom here in this one.
The above photos are from the last couple of weeks here in April. From roughly top to bottom, they are:
- One day it was nice enough to walk, then the next, snowstorm.
- I participated but not very well in Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon on April 25.
- While on a walk, I saw the chalk art and had to snap a photo.
- I had wings from a local restaurant, The Wellsboro House.
- My wife and I got together for a Zoom Happy Hour with her side of the family.
I’ll leave you with the song where I got the title from: