To start this year, I shared my favorite moments in photos from last year. Then I shared the 20 songs I had on repeat last year. Two weekends ago, I shared our favorite TV shows and movies that my wife Kim and I watched last year. Then last weekend, I shared my favorite books read in 2022.
This weekend I’m sharing the books, TV shows, movies and music I’m looking forward to this year, with the caveat that not all are being released this year:
Continuing to read:
- The Serge Storms series by Tim Dorsey
- The Inspector Montalbano series by Andrea Camilleri
Reading for the first time:
- Happier Hour: How to Beat Distraction, Expand Your Time, and Focus on What Matters by Cassie Holmes Ph. D. (as heard on the podcast LifeKit)
- The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When The World Overwhelms You by Elaine N. Aron Ph. D. (as recommended by a friend years ago)
- South to America: A Journey Below the Mason-Dixon to Understand the Soul of a Nation by Imani Perry (as heard on Fresh Air)
Continuing to watch and/or finishing, with Kim and on HBO Max unless otherwise noted:
- Doom Patrol (by myself)
- Eastbound and Down
- Ghosts (the British version)
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Hulu)
- Shrinking (Apple+)
- Stath Lets Flats
- Trying (Apple+)
- Creed 3
- John Wick 4 (by myself)
- Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning, Part One – the seventh in the series
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (by myself)
- Oscar nominees including The Banshees of Inisherin, Tar, and Aftersun, to name a few.
- Catch up with some one-word movies on Hulu: Flee, Prey, Parasite, the latter by myself, as Kim has zero interest.
- boygenius – The Record
- Lana Del Rey – Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd
- The National – First Two Pages of Frankenstein
- U.S. Girls – Bless This Mess
- Yaeji – With a Hammer
Kim probably will be more interested in the Lana Del Rey albums than the others.
So, what about y’all? What are you looking forward to in books, TV shows, movies, and music this year?
One thought on “The Books, TV Shows and Movies That I’m Looking Forward To in 2023”
Just for something different I’ll add the podcasts I’m looking forward to listening to more this year :
You’re Wrong About
If Books Could Kill
PS I’m excited about the boygenius album too.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.