I thought this week, for a change of pace, I’d share what is queued up on my Kindle. This might, or might not, give you, and me also, an idea of where my head is. So here goes:
- A Beam of Light by Andrea Camilleri
- Bittersweet by Susan Cain
- The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday
- Hard Cash Valley by Brian Panowich
- No Man is An Island by Thomas Merton
- A Prayer in the Night by Tisha Harrison Warren
- Radical Compassion by Tara Brach
- Selected Letters of Seneca, translated by Elaine Fantham.
So two fiction books and six nonfiction books, which is odd for me because I’m not a big nonfiction reader. By my choice of nonfiction, you might think my mind is calm, but not really. I think that’s where I am trying to get with the help of most of the nonfiction. So this might not be so much where my head is, but where I want it to be: calm.
Addendum: Speaking of calm, this morning I learned one of my favorite podcasts is back after a short summer break: