Two Sundays ago, I shared My Favorite Books of 2021. Last Sunday, I shared the favorite TV shows and movies that both my wife and I have watched this year. Now this Sunday, I’m sharing my favorite albums of 2021. Finally, next Sunday, December 26, I’ll share my favorite moments of 2021 in photos.
There was a lot of good music released this year, so it was hard to narrow it down to 10. But I did, with the albums I listened to the most. Here they are, listed in alphabetical order by title of album:
- An Overview on Phenomenal Nature by Cassandra Jenkins
- Chameleon by Anthony Naples
- Heaux Tales by Jazmine Sullivan
- I Don’t Live Here Anymore by The War on Drugs
- I Know I’m Funny haha by Faye Webster
- New Long Leg by Dry Cleaning
- Promises by Floating Points, Pharoah Sanders & The London Symphony Orchestra
- Space 1.8 by Nala Sinephro
- Vulture Prince by Arooj Aftab
- Yellow River Blue by Yu Su
And I’m also including links to a couple of bonus playlists, starting first with the top 20 songs I couldn’t get enough of this year, in alphabetical order by artist. Not all were from this year, and three, with “Rival Dealer” by Burial, “Do I Wanna Know?” by Arctic Monkeys, and “Maggot Brain” by Funkadelic, being among songs that I just haven’t been able to get enough of for several years.
I’m also including a playlist of “The Other 50 Albums of 2021 I Want To Listen To More Of.”
So, did you listen to any music released this year? If so, what were some of your favorite albums or songs? Or what did you listen to musically this year? What was on your turntable, so to speak?
Bonus Play: Even though we ditched Netflix a few months ago, before we did, we watched Bo Burnham’s Inside. And we loved it. It was brilliant. Here’s the music from the…comedy special/show? Experience is more like it, but the music is great too.