Since I haven’t been here or on Instagram except for Stories, I thought I’d give you all a brief update as I did back in mid-July:
- My wife and I have Covid-19.
- We started experiencing symptoms the weekend of Nov. 7 & 8.
- The main symptom for my wife was, and is, the loss of both taste and smell; for me was a severe sore throat.
- We had a telemedicine appointment Nov. 9, were given an appointment for tests on Nov. 12, received our results via an app on Nov. 15.
- We have been under self-quarantine since Nov. 9 and will continue to be so until at least Nov. 23, or we have been symptom-free for 24 hours.
- Our symptoms are mild: mine, a low-level persistent headache and congestion (my nose is no longer running like it was when I went through three boxes of tissues in three days); hers, a lingering occasional cough, congestion, and, as of yesterday, joint pains. Mostly, we’re fatigued.
- We’ve got plenty of supplies of food, drink, and other necessary items, thanks to trips to Walmart, with curbside, contact-less pickup.
- Speaking for myself, I haven’t been able to read much, hardly have the energy to watch much. Kim’s been binge-watching The Crown (she’s somewhere in Season 3). My main distraction has been the Microsoft Solitaire Collection that as a premium member (ooh la la), I am able to go back and do daily challenges earlier in the year that I didn’t complete. If in nothing but Solitaire, I will finish every month in 2020, and thus the year itself, “perfect”.
I’m not sure when I will return here to update you or promise I’ll respond much to your comments beyond a thank you for your thoughts and prayers for us should you offer them. In the meantime, stay safe and stay well. Mask up, social distance, wash your hands regularly. Get tested if you need to.
Peace and love to you and your families.
– Bryan G. Robinson