Here’s a rare thing on my blog, which shouldn’t be for a blogger who once upon a time identified himself as a “book blogger”: An actual update on what I’ve finished lately over the last couple of months and what I am reading now.
- A Month in the Country by J.L. Carr. May 10
- The Last Bow, the Sherlock Holmes short story collection, which also includes the short story of the same name, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. May 29 – reading in the second volume of a collection of short stories and novels
- Every Living Thing, the last part of the All Creatures Great and Small series, by James Herriot. June 14
- Devotions: The Selected Poems of Mary Oliver Started May 6
- The Best Poems of Jane Kenyon Started June 6
To Be Read
- The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle – which, when finished, will mean I have read the entire Sherlock Holmes canon by Doyle and also is in the second and final volume of the collection I’ve been reading from since last year.