Earlier this month, I did a post on my favorite albums of the 2010s. Now I’m giving you a list of my favorite books of the 2010s. As I’m usually a year behind in my reading, the only year not represented is this past year of 2019.
By year, here are my favorites:
- 2010: Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
- 2011: Bossypants by Tina Fey
- 2012: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- 2012: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- 2013: Norwegian by Night by Derek B. Miller
- 2014: Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande
- 2014: The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- 2014: Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- 2014: Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- 2014: Yes Please by Amy Poehler
- 2015: Between The World And Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- 2015: Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson
- 2016: Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen
- 2016: Born A Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
- 2017: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- 2017: Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay
- 2017: American Street by Ibi Zoboi
- 2018: The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
- 2018: Calypso by David Sedaris
- 2018: The Library Book by Susan Orlean
By The Numbers
- 11 nonfiction
- 11 women
- 11 white
- 9 fiction
- 9 men
- 9 other races
- 8 memoir or autobiography
- 7 young adult
- 4 celebrity memoirs
- 2 poetry
I read most of them in print or ebook with maybe a couple in audio in Bossypants and Yes Please and another that definitely was in audio in The Poet X. Out of the 20, I believe there are two must-reads: Being Mortal and Between The World and Me. The one I enjoyed the most was probably Born To Run, but that might only because it’s fresh in my read from reading this year and also that I went to a local state park several times while reading it. So I also enjoyed the experience of it.
What are some of your favorite books of the last decade?
8 thoughts on “My Favorite 20 Books of the 2010s”
Ah! I was thinking this was your list of favorites you READ in the 2010s, not PUBLISHED in the 2010s. I’m not sure I’ve read one for each year published that decade. Maybe. I might be able to pull one of my Brandon Sanderson books for each year and they’re just about all favorites…heh.
I was surprised that I had so many years covered, to be honest, but not really surprised at nothing from last year since I’m usually at least a year behind in reading the hyped books.
I’ve read several of these and loved them all! Between the World and Me, Being Mortal, and Unbroken especially stand out.
LikeLiked by 1 person
All three of those still stay with me and always will, hopefully for the better.
Oh my, such good books on this list! Being Mortal is still one that I recommend to a ton of people. And I love that your list is a mixture of YA and adult, fiction and nonfiction. Happy New Year!
Great list! So many favorites! 😍🙌
Great picks! I haven’t read all of them, but I’ve read a lot of them.
Comments are closed.