Starting today, I’m joining hosts Girlxoxo, Traveling with T and Estella’s Revenge for their annual #AMonthofFaves blog event – “a fun way to recap the year that was” with “every day of the event (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) planned out” and a link-up on all their blogs. Today, we write about some of our favorite things, “e.g. to eat, drink, wear, smell, see, do, enjoy, best purchases, most used gift received, most used purchases, favorite concert, outdoor activity, place visited, most squee worthy moment of the year.”
For this topic, I first thought maybe I’d mention family and friends, but I don’t think that qualifies as “things”. So instead I’m going to talk about literal things that were my favorites this year, as I scrolled back through photos from the year:
A few explanations:
- Hoses: Our pipes froze in January, but thanks to our town’s Public Works Department and a neighbor, we were able to get water temporarily from the neighbor.
- Landscaping: I did myself. The rocks were already there. The mulch was from Lowe’s.
- Goodwill finds: I later learned this Frank Lloyd Wright glass was worth at least $40 on Ebay.
- Local wine: We discovered this local winery at our local farmers’ market.
- Canned wine: We and our neighbor Sam started a “book club,” where we shared our latest alcoholic finds. This was one of hers.
- Pumpkin pie: Cooked by my wife, Kim.
- Wedding reception couch: This was at the wedding of my sister-in-law Tracey near Cleveland, Ohio back in June.
What are some of your favorite things from this past year? Share in the comments if you like or join the event at any of the hosts’ websites.