Have you been using your library over the past month? What did you read? What didn’t you read? What are you waiting on? These were the questions of a meme called Library Checkout, originally started by Shannon of River City Reading, continued first by Charleen of the blog It’s a Portable Magic, and now by Rebecca Foster of the blog Bookish Beck. I’m joining in for this past month of April.
- The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
- All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown
- Tangerine by Christine Mangan Friends by Carl Dennis
- Wade in the Water: Poems by Tracy K. Smith
- Colosseum by Katie Ford
The best of the lot was All Creatures Great and Small and Tangerine also was really good.
- Macbeth by Jo Nesbo
- Sending Christmas Cards to Huck & Hamlet by Joseph Mills
- Unknown Friends by Carl Dennis
- Waking Lions by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen
I had four all of my list for last month’s Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon, but I just never made it to them and I don’t know if I ever will, although maybe with the two books of poetry listed in the middle because they’re short.
- The Sinner by Petra Hammesfehr
- Six Four by Hideo Yokoyama
To be honest, I forgot I had these checked out from the Free Library of Philadelphia on ebook and I’ll see now if I get to them.
- Inspector Maigret Omnibus, Volume 1: Pietr the Latvian; The Hanged Man of Saint-Pholien; The Carter of ‘La Providence’; The Grand Banks Cafe by Georges Simenon
- The Gunners by Rebecca Kauffman
- Essential Retirement Planning for Solo Agers: A retirement and aging roadmap for single adults and childless adults by Sarah Geber
- Bluebird, Bluebird by Attica Locke
- Wonder Valley by Ivy Pochoda
All five are on hold at FLP too, with the latter two being on hold the longest, the Locke since March and the Pochoda since February! Both must be really good, I’m thinking, so I’ll wait them out.
What did you check out from the library this past month, put on hold, return unread, did not finish? Share in the comments.